Baby constipated

Hey mummy’s my baby is super constipated haven’t pooped on 3-4days I try massaging DIDNT work my baby is two months old pls give advice ☹️

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

if your baby is on breastmilk, it's OK not to poop for around up to 1 week as breastmilk easily digested, as advised by my PD. my PD also prescribed Vivomixx probiotics for my baby to eat once a day, which I mix together with his milk in the morning. you can buy it from Shopee as it's cheaper than what the clinic charges. https://s.shopee.sg/9zfnYHl5ej if all else fails, maybe you can try putting baby in a bouncer? my baby never fails to poop straight after being in a bouncer for awhile lol. my EDD group also says that baby has a 95% hit rate of pooping once put in bouncer haha.

Read more

If your baby is breastfed then they could go 3-4 days without pooping. Formula on the other hand would be concerning after 3 days. My baby is breastfed and didn’t poop for 5 days. Went to doctor and they prescribed a recital suppository and it helped my baby poop within 30 mins.

1d ago

that will have to be decided by the dr if it's necessary

my breastfed baby can go up to 7-8days without pooping. had brought her to doc before, was told as long as baby eats well and has wet diapers they are ok! it also means ur baby is absorbing all the nutrients frm ur milk.

I give probiotics. When he is older around 1 year 8 months old, I give him yoghurt if he doesn't poop for 2 days or he is pooping hard stool.

my pd said 1-2 days is okay, but 3 days need see dr alr

Can buy ridwind from guardian watson

You can consider giving probiotics

Hi mummies is your baby on bm or fm?

1d ago

Breastfeeding