Exercise in pregnancy

What level of exercise is safe for me to do right now in the third trimester of my Pregnancy #exercise #workout #pregnancyfitness

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you're generally healthy and up to it, a light to moderate level of exercise should be fine. You can try prenatal yoga or simple exercises like brisk walking. My friend who was on bedrest in her last trimester did light arm and leg stretches. Avoid lifting heavy weights, as they can put too much stress on tendons and ligaments, which become more relaxed in the later stages of pregnancy. Whatever exercises you're doing, remember to slow down if you feel dizzy or lightheaded.

Read more
VIP Member

When I was in my third trimester, I enjoyed swimming and brisk walking. I read a blog where this woman who was very active she got pregnant who continued her spin cycle classes and marathons even in her third trimester. Low impact exercises like prenatal yoga are recommended as well. Yoga helps you to remain calm.

Read more

As your tummy is getting bigger and heavy, try to keep your exercise light and relax. Swimming is a good option as it help your body to relax. Prenatal yoga and pilates also good for 3rd trimester to relief backpain, leg cramps and relax your mind.

VIP Member

Nothing too exerting. And generally things that make you relax like swimming and brisk walking

thanks

Walking and about 10 to 15 squats at a time