What will you do if your toddler had tantrums in public?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

It has happened with me several times, all thanks to being a mum of three kids. And each time, I think what works for me is, talking to the kid. I think one should calm the kid down and talk to her/him. take the kid aside and logically put your point across. Kids, I think understand logical things better than the hush-hush things.

Magbasa pa

Well! I do not think, I would scold her or anything like that. I would try to pacify her, and distract her. And if she turns really bad then I would sleep away and let my husband deal with her or either way round. So, she would in a way be distracted by not seeing one of us around and would perhaps cool down.

Magbasa pa

Pick him up at once and whisper to his ears that you love him. Remind him also that you have already informed him that doing tantrums is not good. I agree with Elle, tight hugs will also make the child feel that he's loved, comforted and secured. It will really help.

My first action is to divert his attention - give food or toy, etc. If he doesn't stop, I'll carry him and bring him to an area where there are less people.

We normally carry our toddler to pacify him. At the same time, we also try to offer a toy or food as it might help him stop with his tantrums.

I've read an article that the best way to stop tantrums is by hugging the child tight and utter encouraging and comforting words.