What's so fun about the pokemon go ? Its the lastest trend in Singapore and everywhere i go i see people looking on their hp and early in the morning many are catching pokemon.. do you guys join too ? Or do you let your child to catch pokemon ? How do you see this game yay or nah ~

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's fun! I've been playing it for a while now (I live in Sweden) and I'm glad that it's finally out in Singapore. Sure, it looks like a child's game but there's alot of strategy, creativity and math involved. In fact, my partner who is a Math teacher, is planning to include Pokemon Go in his lessons. Plus, I especially love that you need to walk around outside to be successful in the game. This is great for kids and adults who are often at home and not active. In the States, I've read that overweight players of Pokemon Go have lost some weight because of the walking around. It really is good exercise -- yesterday me and my partner went for a picnic and played Pokemon Go, ended up walking for 5km (to crack the Pokemon egg hahaha). I definitely think that Pokemon Go is great for kids to play for all the reasons above. BUT I wouldn't let the younger kids play unsupervised because it can be quite dangerous for them to walking around alone. Lots of my friends play the game with their kids, and even the grandparents play. It can be a fun family affair. So Pokemon Go is a major yay for me (in moderation, of course) --- :)

Read more

Take a look at this article: http://lifehacker.com/a-parent-s-guide-to-playing-pokemon-go-with-your-kids-1783525769 Personally, I think it is be a fun game to play for the family, to get everyone out of the house. As highlighted in the article, the game is probably geared towards teenagers and adults, so it is best that you are playing it together with your child. There are some safety concerns as well (such as not looking at the roads) being voiced out, so it is important to educate your child to observe safety while playing the game too. Have a read at the article, think it is a great guide for parents who is interested in allowing (or playing with) their children to play this game. Though it is not in the Singapore context, a lot of points are still applicable. For me, I would say "yay" but only in moderation. Data bills, and phone battery running out are signs that it is getting "too much". ;p

Read more

With moderation yes! Its fun! My partner and my 3 year old boy. We turn it into an outdoor family activitiy. In between with stops. To the playground at the same time a walk in the park. And we will teach him numbers, for instance the steps he walk to Catch the pokemon. That being said, with supervision. Before all this was done we have already set the family rules for all to abide. :)

Read more

I dont really like my kids to play he will keep looking at the phone well walking on the road. Even yesterday I was at orchard a lot of ppl is playing some still bans into someone.

We play together as a family. We get to explore the Neighbourhood once in the morning before lunch n another after dinner. It is definitely a yay for us

Not my cup of tea. So nay for my family