What can you do if your doctor tells you that your baby has not gotten into 'engaged position'? How do you mentally prepare yourself to have a breech baby? Sounds so scary!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there is nothing to be scared of :) My best friend had a baby in her head down position in 35th week. She went through external cephalic version and it worked for her. You might have to check this with your doctor as ecv is not recommended for everyone. Also only 3-4% of the babies remain in the breech position till the end of pregnancy. if your baby does remain in the breech position you might have to opt for caesarean as it is considered safe. Finally my friend told me that she had to do some ultrasounds of the baby within 5-6 weeks after delivering as the baby was in engaged position. You should check with your doctor regarding this.

Read more
5y ago

Available po ba ECV here in the philippines?

VIP Member

Hi there! Don't worry there are some exercises that you can do to help your baby to turn down. Check with your gynae what are these exercises that is safe for u.

My baby was in breech position. I had to undergo c-section. Nothing to worry. Most of the time, the baby changes from its breech position by ninth month.

thanks