What will be best veg food we can give baby (1.2 yrs to be exact) when holidaying for breakfast, lunch & dinner.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Well! You can give him everything that you eat provided host it is not chilly and oily. I mean all he hhi gs that we are concerned when eating ourselves, we need to take care of all those things for the baby as well. Also since you are holidaying you need to be careful about not giving any food that I'd hard to digest. It may not cause any trouble but pulses which are hard to digest can cause gas or acidity and on a holiday you would not want anything of this sort happening to the baby. So give him easily digestible food. Fruits, soups, I'd like, disability, porridge, rice, curd, panel, nicely cooked vegetables and dal, chapati, etc.

Read more
7y ago

while holidaying dal rice roti which we got in hotels are definitely not recommended for baby. can you suggest some readymade meals or packs of good brands made specially for baby? thanks.

Hi, I read above and I must tell you that hotels dal roti, rice is anyway better than packed food. I am sure that you must be staying in a decent place, and there you can get atta roti too. I have always travelled with my ageing father who was specifically advised not to have oily food. So, in whichever hotels we stayed, we always ordered for boiled vegetable, which was readily available. So, I am sure, you can always get boiled vegetables, dahi. If not dal or roti, you can give your baby rice and dahi mixed together. Give him milk. You can also feed him brown bread with egg or butter.

Read more
7y ago

hmm.. thanks 😊

hey mom, while traveling, i would say you should definitely go for the hotel food than the packaged foods, as the ones you get in the hotel would be freshly made. also, you can request the staff to pack some of the food for you, or carry it in your own boxes for baby. whenever i traveled with my kids when they were too young, i used to request them to send us plain potato parathas, as well as plain dal with a little butter and rice. these are always good to take around through the day and you can easily feed your baby too.

Read more

at this age your baby will be able to have almost all regular foods, and getting it from the hotel is definitely the best option. please try the following, you can mix and match according to breakfast, lunch or dinner - idli, butter dosa, poha, sauteed vegetables, parathas, poori bhaaji, dal rice, mashed potatoes, dal khichdi, pulav, paneer. most of these are easily available in any hotel menu, so i am sure you can carry them with you and help your baby eat.

Read more
7y ago

Thank you Debolina.