What is the best age to start children for swim classes ? Baby , toddler or preschoolers?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

A baby can start learning swimming any time. If you would like to start young, it is advised to introduce your baby into a usual swimming pool after 6 months old. To prepare your baby for swimming, you can first try submerging your baby’s body in a tub at home while supporting his/her head. This is to get them comfortable with being submerged with their faces out of the water. As mentioned by Jasmine, I’ve heard good reviews of Aqua Bambinos. Their lessons are held in their indoor pool where the water temperature and chlorine levels are monitored. They have infant classes for infants from 6-12 months old. You can sign up for a trial class if you are interested. Location: 45 Burghley Drive The last I’ve heard, each lesson is $28 9but it could have gone up) and the ration of teacher to parent-child is kept at 1:6. http://www.aquabambinos.com.sg/lesson-for-babies/

Read more

Hi mommy, I would think that there's no best age to start. More importantly is, what age do you feel more comfortable in letting your child start swimming lessons. There are swim schools giving lessons as young as 6 months old. You can find out more at Aquabambinos It is believed that by teaching your kids how to swim, they can reap the multiple benefits of swimming: 1) Psycho-motor strengthens the cardio-respiratory system and boosts stamina improves balance and posture heightens concentration, intelligence and alertness abilities 2) Emotional fosters increased sense of confidence, independence and self-esteem 3) Social encourages bonding with parent or caregiver in the pool develops social skills through peer interaction in class

Read more

There are different schools of thought here. Some say that you should let kids in water as early as a few months old. They have natural reflexes from staying in the mother's womb surrounded by amniotic fluid and aren't scared of water yet. However, studies suggest that kids who learn swimming before 3 years of age are at greater risk of being careless in and around water. Doctors all around the world also suggest that kids be at least 3 year old before starting swimming lessons.

Read more

Before 3years old is mainly water confidence .. which u can diy at home or bring bb to the pool yourself It is only after 3 years old that the schools will start teaching strokes I brought my little one for swim trial at mth 6/7/9 the coach commented when my lo was 9 Mths that there wasn't a need to enrol him into one since he has high water confidence .. but just continue with what we have been doing

Read more

swim schools usually start 6months onwards. if you're comfy you can bring your baby to pool at any age. splash slash here are there. both my kids started at 3 months. so they got used to the water. as a former swim coach is good to get your kids used to the water. especially have them used to water on their face. .. =)

Read more

I started with my kids when they are 6 months old. And I never regretted it was the best experience. Seeing him being able to go underwater made my heart melt. But then again it's a personal choice

Little Splashes Swim School accepts 6 months old and above. the younger you start, the better. www.littlesplashes.com.sg www.facebook.com/littlesplashessg

Read more

I think it depends. It's more of what you believe. Some say few months old others say at least 3 years old.

VIP Member

I started taking her into the pool for play around 6 months. Professional Swimming classes from 17 months

Started baby swimming lesson around 9 months at aquabambinos. We love the coach and enjoying the lesson.