What are the sure signs of labour?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Labour -- like everything else -- is never completely straightforward and everyone has different experiences. However, here are some common signs of labour: 1) Your water breaking 2) You have strong regular contractions 3) Your mucus plug is dispelled 4) Your back hurts more than usual 5) You get diarrhoea Source: http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/giving-birth/signs-of-labor/labor-signs/ On a personal note, two of my friends complained that they literally could not walk the day before giving birth because their ankles were soooo swollen.

Read more
VIP Member

1. breaking of the waters - happens in 15-25% of pregnancies. 2. minute long contractions that happens every 10 mins or less. Contractions feel like period cramps 3. The bloody show - mucous plug falls off. 4. lightening - when the baby drops 5. shivering / trembling - It’s simply your body’s way of relieving tension and usually lasts only a few minutes. 6. Diarrhoea - the body naturally empties the bowels to make way for baby

Read more

For my both deliveries, I experienced inconsistent contraction pain (range from 30mins to 1hour interval) 1-2days before the actual labor. Once I had bloody show, the contraction pain started to get intense and the contraction intervals were closer and between 10-15mins apart.

thanks