What are the signs of early labour?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Here are some signs of premature labour that you can take note of (taken from: http://www.webmd.com/baby/premature-labor) • Backache, which usually will be in your lower back. This may be constant or come and go, but it won’t ease even if you change positions or do something else for comfort. • Contractions every 10 minutes or more often • Cramping in your lower abdomen or menstrual-like cramps. These can feel like gas pains that may come with diarrhea. • Fluid leaking from your vagina • Flu-like symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. Call your doctor even about mild cases. If you can’t tolerate liquids for more than 8 hours, you must see your doctor. • Increased pressure in your pelvis or vagina • Increased vaginal discharge • Vaginal bleeding, including light bleeding Do take a look at the webmd website to learn more about what to expect during an early labour.

Read more
VIP Member

My waterbag didn't break even when I was in labour and 9cm dilated. My waters were manually broken by the midwife. My earliest signs of labour were contractions which resembled severe menstrual cramps and diarrhoea. My mucus plug also came out when I was in labour. Usually, the hospital will ask you to head to the hospital when your contractions are about 10 minutes apart.

Read more

For my both deliveries, I experienced inconsistent contraction pain (range from 30mins to 1hour interval) 1-2days before the actual labor. Once I had bloody show, the contraction pain started to get intense and the contraction intervals were closer and between 10-15mins apart.

I think one of the most obvious signs of be the breaking your waterbag and the contractions. Once your contraction's interval gets closer and closer, it's time for you to head to the hospital as soon as possible. Don't forget your documents & hospital bag

thanks

My water bag did Not burst.. Just strong contractions!