GDM at 28 weeks pregnanct

Was diagnosed with GDM at 28 weeks , nurse called and went for zoom briefing regards the glucose meter blood take every 2 days in 1 week. Its my 1st day starting to self check at home using the glucose meter and my morning check was okay at 4.8mmol/L But as for 2 hours aft bfast at 10am , 5mins b4 lunch at 1255pm and 2 hours aft lunch at 3pm . All the reading was 7.0mmol/L , 7.1mmol/L and 7.3mmol/L . Is it normal ? I only ate small amount of food that the dietician suggested and drank plenty of plain water only drank soy milk during bfast the rest of my meal i drank plain water . The nurse gave a range of 5.5mmol/L to 6.6mmol/L aft 2 hours of every meal. Before meal the range have to be 4.4mmol/L to 5.5mmol/L But it seems like aft 2 hours it always go up to 7.0+ mmol/L

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

try walking after every meal, and also change the type of carbs u take. as for me basmati rice so far my sugar level doesnt spike. as for milk can try change too. cause they say usually it contain sugar. i'm 37 week now still have my ups and downs. mine is my fasting sugar level is always borderline eventhough i dont eat before i sleep. doctor say i really have to control cause its too late to start me on insulin.

Read more