AccuChek Instant 1st day readings

Hi. Had my OGTT last week and was diagnosed with GDM. Started on my 1st readings today and noticed the readings are not between acceptable range. (4.4mmol/L - 6.6mmol/L) Any mummies going through the same? Please give advices on how I can maintain it better. 😢 #1stimemom #advicepls

AccuChek Instant 1st day readings
3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

did your gynae advise you on anything? or refer you to a dietician? diet control should be able to bring the numbers down, and eating 3 meals + 3 snacks would help too. and of course what you eat matters as well. for me, i only ate low-gi bread w pure peanut butter for breakfast. will alternate between PB and a sunny side up. lunch + dinner, i actually try and eat brown rice whenever i can and actually weigh it. chicken breast, lean meat and leafy veg are good too :) it’s only your first week! dont be too hard on yourself. my first week was a trial and error week to see what spikes and doesn’t spike my numbers. oh, and go for walks after meals helps too :) good luck!

Read more

U need to see what works best for you. I totally cut myself off from rice because its a total killer no matter how much i took. I only ate sides when i eat mixed veg rice (meaning no rice). N the first mth was really trial n error for mi (endocrine doc mentioned to try for one mth). I started off at wk 20 as i was diagnosed with gdm. Can take blueberries as snacks if u like them!

Read more

u familiarize yourself with foods that u can take and will not cause spike. reduce carbs and no sugary drinks. u will still be off once in a while and u need to remove those foods that cause spike in future.