GDM at 28 weeks pregnanct

Was diagnosed with GDM at 28 weeks , nurse called and went for zoom briefing regards the glucose meter blood take every 2 days in 1 week. Its my 1st day starting to self check at home using the glucose meter and my morning check was okay at 4.8mmol/L But as for 2 hours aft bfast at 10am , 5mins b4 lunch at 1255pm and 2 hours aft lunch at 3pm . All the reading was 7.0mmol/L , 7.1mmol/L and 7.3mmol/L . Is it normal ? I only ate small amount of food that the dietician suggested and drank plenty of plain water only drank soy milk during bfast the rest of my meal i drank plain water . The nurse gave a range of 5.5mmol/L to 6.6mmol/L aft 2 hours of every meal. Before meal the range have to be 4.4mmol/L to 5.5mmol/L But it seems like aft 2 hours it always go up to 7.0+ mmol/L

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi! i suggest you do some light exercise for 15-20mins aft meals.. dont sit arnd after meal. for me it really helps. and do not take ur snacks too close to the next meal. try to portion ur carbo also. make sure ur veggies portion is half. it worked for me so far. im with kkh too. its soooo troublesome but no choice :/ gd luck!

Read more