Is oral glucose test a must?

21 Replies
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes i think so..

No. I didn't do it as the dr thinks I'm Low risk

based on my knowledge yes. I really hated it.. .

If you are under KKH, it's a must now. Previous year is not compulsory.

VIP Member

I don't think it is compulsory but if you meet certain criteria (e.g. weight issues, family history of diabetes, etc) then it is highly recommended to go for it. As Carla mummy mentioned, having GD is a serious matter. I had it and the doc told me that my baby's heart could literally stop if I don't control my sugar level.

Read more
VIP Member

Yes, unfortunately. You have to find out if you have gestational diabetes as that can cause miscarriage, higher chance of C-section, high blood pressure or pre-eclampsia. And its effects on baby include preterm birth, injuries during birth, jaundice, temporary breathing problems, and when they're bigger might suffer from obesity and diabetes.

Read more
4y ago

I think ultimately it's up to you whether or not you want to take the test. Nobody can force you. It's routine for doctors to tell you to take the test, but if you don't want to, then they can't force you. Although I don't understand why a mother wouldn't want to take the test to make the necessary precautions in case she tests positive for gestational diabetes.

TapFluencer

Best to have the test for you and your baby’s health monitoring

VIP Member

I'm thinking can I skip.... because I'm super scared of needles....

Super Mum

Best to take.

Recommended.