Sorry can we still have intercourse at 5 weeks pregnant? Is it safe? Thanks.

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, unless your doctor has advised against it due to any complications. The fetus is in the amniotic sac, surrounded and cushioned by amniotic fluid, and protected by your uterus and a layer of muscles. The thick mucus plug that seals the cervix will help guard against infection. That being said, you can refer to this list of circumstances in which you may need to abstain from sex: http://www.babycenter.com/0_when-you-might-need-to-say-no-to-sex-during-pregnancy_745.bc If you are worried, check with your doctor first.

Read more

I attended a pregnancy yoga class with a friend and she asked if it was safe to have sex in the first trimester. The instructor/midwife told the class that "as long as it's not too rough or too hard, all is fair game" (her own words, safe to say that was laughter everywhere). But at the end of the day, it's up to you. If you feel like you're up to it and there are no complications, I reckon it's fine. Lots of my friends have healthy sex lives even though they're preggers.

Read more
VIP Member

As long as you’re having a healthy pregnancy, there’s nothing to worry about having intercourse with your husband. Actually it is recommended until you’re due date cause it induced the labor faster. Just be careful and gentle especially not all positions are feasible with a growing tummy. These are only applicable with a healthy and non complicated pregnancy of course with your OB Gyne permission.

Read more

Yes it’s safe. Until the 3rd trimester when it’s more tricky, there are also some positions you can try so it’s safer for baby as well

I was always told it's completely safe unless in rough kinky stuff just be safe

Yes! All the way till you deliver if you don't have any complications.

It is completely safe unless your doctor has advised otherwise.

It’s totally fine just ask hubby to b more gentle 😊

Yes, gynae advice to be gentle during the intercourse

My gynae said before 7 months is ok! :)