Very troubled over 1 yo birthday party. Wanna diy dessert table but idk how to gauge the quantity per food item to buy. How many pastries should I get? How many pieces per pastries should I get? I will have many many guests but my hub says usually no one eats. ?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Honestly speaking, usually dessert tables are just good for phototaking purposes - which is also kind of why people don't eat the things there, because the table has to look "full" and "extravagant" for phototaking! I didn't have a conventional 1st birthday party (no dessert tables, no family - it was a social lunch for needy families), so I can't recommend or advice on the quantity - but perhaps just use it to put door gifts for your guests (if any)? So it looks full and serves a purpose, and people can just take before they go - meaning it wouldn't be empty and people won't be embarrassed to take them either.

Read more

I'm sure guests will eat...how elaborate do u want ur dessert table to be? Guests just eat whatever is available Lor... if there are less, they eat less. If there are more, have some containers for them to Da Bao home....

7y ago

But I’ll be ordering buffet food as well.