Urgent help on the following: 1) When do the fever kicks in when the baby take 5-in-1 and rotavirus vaccination?? 2)How long the fever usually last. 3)At what temperature i should give the paracetomol syrup? Please Advice. Thank you.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Fever usually kick in afternoon/evening, peak at night. Depend what time u took the jab. 37.5 and above u can give 1 dose according to the amt state by the nurse. Do note different baby weight differently have the amount different too. The nurse will told you already if you took at polyclinic, the fever should last more than a day. So if anything serious, because go back to let them check again. If 37.5 and below, just sponge her, or bring her for a quick bath and feed her water.

Read more
8y ago

contact with ceiling fan is it ok??

1) Fever kicked in at night after the vaccination in the afternoon. It shot up to 38.6. 2) It only went off on the 2nd night 3) Recommended to feed at 37.5. I was too slow and fever shot up. Other then, medicine, I used cooling pad for forehead and neck, sponging, cooling mat from Japan Home for lo to lie on, lemon essential oil and Epsom salt to bathe her on the next day, oil her with peppermint, lavender and lemon.

Read more
8y ago

is it ok if contact with ceiling fan?

1) For my LO...she gets fever at night and de day after. After that..no more fever...thgh she may get cranky at night maybe due to de injection pain. Put a warm towel on de injection area to reduce its swelling. 2) Usuali it will jus last 1 day or so...bt i guess dpds on each bby. 3) When the temp reach 37.5 and abv.. i wil give paracetamol to LO.

Read more
8y ago

this morning her temperature was 37.2. body was hot. i gave her 2.5ml only. now has gone down. is ok right??

For my boy , the fever kicked in the second day , it lasted for the night and went off the next day in the late afternoon. I gave paracetamol twice when it was above 37.8, with 6 hours interval. I also sponged him continuously to cool him down.

8y ago

yeap...its ok. jus monitor her temp...evry 2 hrs or so. i wil normally give paracetamol...like at least whole day wen she hvg fever. if nxt day ok...den i stop.

8y ago

1) second day for my case 2) half a day 3) instruction from Polyclinic is to give when fever hit 37.5

normally within 24hrs. shd last 1-2 days I give when fever hit 37.5, just once then no more fever

8y ago