fever

may i know usually fever last how many days?? at what temperature i should be worrying??

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my son has fever every month, at times, twice a month. and it always lasts at least 5days or more. on the 5th day itself, I will bring him to kkh. blood test will be done. to keep the temp down, I feed paracetamol and ibuprofen every 3hrs. he sleeps on a cooling mat as well, learnt this when he was hospitalised for Scarlett fever. you can purchase it on qoo10. recently, his temp in the evening is about 37.8 or so. told the doctor at kkh and a GP, they said it's normal. and from this whole experience, even 38 to 38.5 is not considered high at kkh. good thing is if child is having a fever, but appetite n diaper change is still normal, child still active, there's nothing much to worry about. ;)

Read more
TapFluencer

Depends on what type of illness your little one is suffering from and how old he/she is. Usually if fever is persistently around 40 degrees even with medication, lasting more than 1-2 days, that will be a big concern and should go to the children hospital for a check. For example, if it’s viral fever, it can go up to 5 days and non itch rashes will form later. My child’s fever went up and down from 37.5 to 39.8degrees for 5days.

Read more