Breast milk

Will ur milk supply drop after stopping fenugreek and not pumping (just exclusive latch on)?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

It depends. Your body will adjust to meet baby’s needs, so that after some time, your body will produce exactly what baby needs (depending on how often and how much baby drinks from you) and your breasts will no longer keep getting engorged. If you’ve been pumping extra to store the milk, then I guess you can consider it as your milk supply dropping because now your body will produce for baby to drink directly, and not the extra for storage.. but if you’ve been pumping to bottle feed and the frequency of direct latching and pumping remains the same, then the milk output might be the same too. My milk supply has fluctuated many times over the last 11 months, even depending on how much water I drink, how much I sleep, whether I’m sick, how stressed I am, etc. But after my milk supply kicked in initially, I’ve always managed to give my baby just enough. When there was little, I would let her latch longer and pray for another let down reflex to give her more milk. Heh. Thank God the reflexes really did come. When I needed to build up a milk store, then I would add pumping in between the feeds.. and the milk supply did increase overall.

Read more

yes

4y ago

Is the drop in milk supply due to stopping fenugreek or not pumping? And is it still going to drop even if I latch baby every time baby wants which is hourly to 2 hourly?