Are your bosses, colleagues and HR unhappy ??

Are they unhappy and show you face when you are always taking leave and mc very often for your gynae checkup? Especially doing the first trimester

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I work in a law firm and I report directly to my boss who is also the MD of the company. He's one of the few who knows my pregnancy as early as 4Wks before my dating scan and he was so happy for me. My present work arrangement is only to meet him at the office once a week (i can clock in at 12pm and leave office with him by 6pm, sometimes he will also send me home and we both leave at 5.30pm) and I work from home the rest of the days, so i'm free to take rest and visit the hospital for the appointments. We have also touched on Maternity Leave, Infant Care topics and all our discussions so far went well..

Read more

Try to schedule gynae visit in the weekends in possible to avoid taking too many leaves during first trimester. I also try to book weekends appointment for all my followups so it won't disrupt work schedule. I think if effort is made on my part in terms of such arrangement, my colleagues and boss also see that and will also be fair to me and see that I am not using pregnancy to avoid taking up more work. I still have to admit there are times I am so unwell due to morning sickness. On those days I will inform my boss I will need to wfh but will join all meetings online.

Read more
6mo ago

they only operate from 8-530 I think

I know my team members always feel stress if I'm not around at work, so I'll try to let them know in advance which dates I'm away and get them to think about the issues that might potentially come up and we can go through before I'm on leave. I also make sure that most of my tasks are completed before I'm away and if they need access to more info on my work they know where to find. essentially is just doing whatever I can to prevent the unhappiness from building up. at times can be really difficult.. sigh not easy to be a working mum, but hang in there huggsss

Read more

I try not to have appointments on days which I know have deadlines. If work is busy, I will log on to work after the appointment once I reached home / office. A bit unfair to me as well as medical leave is usually 0.5 or 1 day but I went back to work shorter than that. To be honest, if there are really no other appointment dates, we just have to prioritise our baby and health as that will be the most important.

Read more

Preschool teacher here, since most are mummies they are wondering why am I still at work and not on HL 😂 but most are generally understanding. In another industry I don't think they'll be as understanding.

6mo ago

Yeah, of course we are the priority but at the back of my head. I also feel bad like now I’m on probation and have to make my partners suffer cos not around and shortage of staff. For me I have to tell my supervisor cos I wasn’t able to hide it. With urgent call from the hospital to go for scanning 😅. Just having second thoughts if I should just forgo the job but 💰😭 Appreciate on the tips ❤️

Meeee! They will be seemingly understanding but will show black face sigh. And! It affects your workload; they will purposely stack more work just to make up for your leaves

My gynae visits are only once a month and it is like this all the way until 35 weeks. I don’t have appointments more than once a month

👍