Understand that the recommended average sleeping hours for 3mths old baby is approx 15hours. While my son can sleep in his cot at night, he needs to be carried to sleep in the day time. If not, he won't sleep at all.. It's creating a hassle since the adults can't do anything else other than carrying him to sleep.. I am exploring the option of getting a yao lan for baby. In honest opinion, which best alternative should I go for: (1) intro yao lan, (2) continue to carry him to sleep, (3) CIO method - leave him in the cot and crying it out? anxious about the no.of hours sleeping he is getting..

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I carry my son about 10-20mins to soothe him to sleep. Sometimes 30mins max, if he doesn't slp i will let him lie in the cot for awhile, normally 30-60mins not crying of cos. Entertaining him w some toys or let him listen some songs. When he's more tired i will carry him again. He will fall asleep pretty fast. Sometimes they are just not tired enough. I make it a point not to carry to long. I will tell him i am tired and can't carry so long. Now he is 10months + he is able to slp on his own once i put him in bed w pacifier and pillow and say go to slp. Takes abt 10mins tossing and he will be sound asleep

Read more