Is my baby too small? What’s your baby’s weight at 35-36weeks?

Today I’m 35 weeks and 4days and my baby is measured to be approx 2.5kg. My gynae said baby is not particular big and though small than average but still consider okay which is something he doesn’t see a need to worry. All along I’ve been told my belly bump is small 😭 and everyone kept saying a bigger baby is easier to take care.. so I’m just wondering if my baby is really that small compare to others and should I eat more durian?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey it depends on your bone structure and body size. For me I’m tall, lanky and underweight Pre pregnancy. So my gynae say I cannot be more than 50kg by week 20, and 60kg by full term, and baby size should be between 2.7-3.2kg max for natural birth. So it really depends on you, your medical condition as well. He also said that whatever you eat, eat healthy stuff so that nutrients are absorbed by the growing baby. Excessive Durian for example will only cause the mother to gain weight and potentially get diabetes. But baby weight will not grow.

Read more

hi .. dun nd worry .. me too . my baby boy was 2.69 kg when born . my belly was so small that no body realised i m preggy unless i told them . my gynae told me to eat more avocado .. oily fish like salmon .. nuts if u r not allergy to it . durian is not good . high in sugar. eat more healthy fat food . everything ok . i was very worried when my gynae told me my bb was small at 36 weeks then 2.5 kg . but at 38 weeks gained to 2.69 kg and delievered. everything turns out well . so dun worry .

Read more

The size of baby depends on genes too! If you are petite size, ur baby won’t be a giant. It doesn’t matter big or small, as long as baby is healthy! My girl is born 1.9kg at wk36. Her weight is in the 50% now (from 2mo to 1yo) and super active and healthy. And she is very easy to take care. Don’t listen to all those bull s***

Read more
3y ago

Agree much! Don’t listen to nonsense. They are just jealous that our baby is small..and best thing is, small baby means easier to push! ☺️😉

At 39 wks my baby was estimated to be 2.85kg. But i popped at 39wks+5 and baby was 2.585kg. Nth to worry about. My bump wasnt big at wk 39 and i never put on weight for whole pregnancy. Too big when deliver also worry.

VIP Member

My baby born at 39 weeks in 2.7kg nly. While discharge hospital 2.5 kg ., so no need to worry .. completely normal

I delivered at week 37. weight 2.4. but he is alright. don't worry.

Not to worry as long bb n u are healthy