TMC or Mount Alvernia? Why?

44 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went for hospital tours for both tmc n mt a and I would vote for my a. ( I didn't deliver in both hosp though) In terms of value for money, I feel that I'll be getting back more if I choose mt A. The room is tmc is very small n cramp. N there have been a lot of complaints that even the basic single bedded is small n cramp n is not sound proof. N from reviews of tmc, the one thing that is often raved is nothing but the food When I went for the hosp tour at tmc, I was only brought to the suite, n was told that the price of the suite is not under package n is only ala carte n when asked abt the size of their basic n premier single, they could only tell us that it is 30% smaller than the suite. Another thing was during the tour, when we walked passed the nursery, i was disgusted by the scene when I saw the cleaner's trolley along the very cramp corridor n being right outside the nursery ! That's a total turn off for me Parking is horrendous, but yes u can park at the open air carpark opposite n climb the overhead bridge to tmc though I would would choose tmc only if i have enough Budget to stay in their suite, so that there's a chance that I can get Wbb as my LC For mt a, the overall feel is that it is cozy, Nurses are highly raved This comment is purely base on my research abt the 2 hosp as well as from my hospital tours experiences.

Read more

Mount A got the best nurse. Very attentive, friendly, hospitable. Great food, dont taste like how u think hospital food would be. Really tasty! Menu was a variety. I like the multi story car park. Availability of food, sushi deli subway mrbean and a cafeteria. There's shuttle bus from bishan, convenient too. Main road is not always having congestion like tmc's main road. Lots of buses too. Mount A got the best lactation consultant i heard, ive seen the nurse around very patient in answering questions. And she follows up. I stay in 4 bedded, but only 2 beds used. And both of us got a window view. Pretty nice. All my friends whom I recommended Mouth A to, none of them have complaints.

Read more

I gave birth at TMC a few weeks ago and I feel very comfortable there. Price wise was acceptable for me as it was almost near KKH private pricing. The confinement food was nice and the nurses took care of us very well, attentive and helpful. Transport wise I find TMC is much more convenient and for hubby to go out buy his lunch and dinner as compared to Mount A. parking maybe an issue for TMC though if you drive. My mum was admitted to Mount A before I gave birth due to infection in the intestine and mentioned that service was quite bad there thought not maternity related.So considering the cost and convenience and feedbacks I chose TMC.

Read more

TMC - confinement food is better, parking limited, nurses really take good care of patients (but depend on which level you stay), lactation help not so good, its very near to mrt if can get the shuttle bus Mt A - more parking spaces, lactation help is very supportive, food wise ok, PDs seem better, abit far from mrt although there is shuttle bus. overall, depend on the location which gynae can go to for delivery and also at your convenience. also go and visit the hospital to see their room. most imptly is how comfortable you are since you are going to stay there for 3d2n or 4d3n.

Read more

I have only delivered in TMC and I must say I'm really impressed with how passionate the staff is from the registration to the nurses. Firstly when we enquired about packages the counter staff was patient and friendly. When I was admitted, the nurses casually chatted up and I was really relaxed throughout my labour. Even when it was time to deliver the midwife was very assuring and experienced. The nurses took care of me very well during my stay and the food was good. The environment was very comfy as well and my hubby commented it felt like a staycation. Lol.

Read more

Tmc can park at the nearby housing estates even though their own parking space is cramped. Some people feel tmc is very cramped and small so best to go for a hospital tour to take a look and seek your preference. I personally find mt a a little inconvenient ESP for public transport user. Being in the middle of no where with no nearby train station and bus stops. Nearest bus stop will need u to walk 5-10 mins which only provides 2 buses. Unless u live nearby. ( even I live nearby and find it a hassle to walk up the hill). So really your choice.

Read more

I had only deliver at tmc. so Base on my experience I would return for my #2. while I was at the labour ward, the nurses are super patient with me despite my many request. the meals were good especially the green papaya fish soup which I guess everyone agrees. must drink! I heard that mount A very pro bf. but for tmc, average only. not against neither super supportive. mount A looks a bit old maybe not yet refurnish I guess.

Read more

I delivered in Mt. A and will go there again if I've a second baby. My initial choice was TMC cos from the tour, TMC looks more new and nice and Mt A looks old. But I heard a lot of bad stuffs abt TMC so I decided on Mt A and I'm glad! The nurses there are awesome! Super helpful and attentive and their food is nice!

Read more

My gynae is at TMC and that is why I chose there. 1st experience is superb. Got auto upgraded to a 2 bedded when i pay for 4 bedded. Location is good cos hubby can get food nearby when he ia hungry. Van even travel by public transport and is centrally located.

Read more

Have not tried Mt Alvernia and only tried TMC. In terms of location, TMC is definitely better then Mt A. Accessible and easy to get food for hubby or relatives. Also, you need to depend on your gynae. Not all gynae goes to both TMC and Mt A.

Read more