2nd Trimester - Morning Sickness and Food Aversions

As the title says... I am already at the 13th week but I'm still vomitting once a day and cannot have more than a palm size amount of food for each meal.. I cannot take anything with MSG or Garlic else I will start to gag and even vomit.. anyone sharing the same pain as me? Any food that works for you? Please share..

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

In my first pregnancy, the peak of my nausea and vomiting were actually in my 17th to 22nd week. Sigh. Sometimes sour food helped, sometimes ginger tea. Otherwise I really needed to just take medication to even function at work. Had to run a drip once too, since I couldn’t even drink. For some reason, spicy food helped my nausea during both pregnancies. Just a small amount, of course, because throwing up spicy food is super uncomfortable. And just take the anti-nausea medicines if you need them. Pregnancy is already so hard. Don’t make yourself suffer more okay?

Read more
4y ago

Thanks for the support Cherlyn! It really helps.. think I will take your advice and try some spicy food.. glad to know that I am not alone on this journey. :)