Deep Cleaning House at 3rd Trimester

As the title says, any of you does this? I intend to do so in preparation for arrival of baby as I don't want the house to be messy or dusty when the baby arrives. Also, I have anxiety issues if my mother or mil comes over & make comments about my house (they are the old-fashioned type who expects everything to be spick & span) & on the absence of certain items/things. 😣I'm at 32 weeks & I already feel stressed about them coming over during the "4th trimester". I'd rather they visit for 1 to 2 hours & go home rather than staying around to so-call "help" but will put more pressure on me. It's my 2nd baby, they treat me that way during my 1st one. Super stressed. 😭

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Stay calm and positive! If you need help with the cleaning, can always engage companies like Helpling or Urban company :) There are promo codes if I’m not wrong, you can Google to check if you’re interested. All the best and remember, this stressful stage shall pass! I also felt stressful during the “fourth trimester” when I hear unsolicited advices and comments. I cried a couple of times but felt better after talking to hubby and my best friend.

Read more

are u deep cleaning the house for the baby or cos ur mother/MIL coming?? if it's the latter, simple - dun let them come if it stresses u out so much. with 2 kids, it's gona drive u up the wall in their attempts to "help" u... I dare to say that cos I just finishing my 4th trimester & going thru the exact same thing!

Read more

I started cleaning from week 32, now at week 37 I'm halfway. I feel too tired, but I clean for sometime and then rest for a while. This worked for me, our house looks so much better now. I was lucky that my husband started helping me with these.

I asked my husband to clean 1 week before EDD, then change the sheets before I head to hospital (my baby was quite chill so yeah, I had a few hours before I make my way down.). 😂

hi mummy! i did this :). i just did it gradually, i think spread in a week so that i dont get too tired. we dont have a helper at home so i prepared everything before the baby comes.

My husband and I spring clean slowly and different parts of the house one at a time.