5 Replies

First of all, parents have to practice patience themselves. Lead by example. What I do with my girls, when they get impatient, I just calmly tell them to wait. Simple as that. Kids are impatient by nature, I think. They want things now now now. But if they get used to the notion that not everything arrives or happens the moment they want it to, then they'll accept that and learn to wait. But I now sometimes, ang kukulit talaga at gusto mo nang sigawan haha! So I'll go back to my first point, that it's vital for the parent to demonstrate patience to their child, too.

I just watched a video experiment on teaching kids patience. Ang ginawa nung dad sa toddler niya is nakipagdeal siya, binigyan niya yung toddler niya ng one piece of chocolate pero sinabi niya na if the toddler wont eat it for 5 minutes, he will get a reward and will receive 2 more chocolates. iniwan niya yung toddler sa kitchen with the 1 pc chocolate and monitored the toddler's behavior thru the cctv. :)

I agree with Cristina. Teaching them to wait requires restraining yourself from giving them anything they want instantly. Talk to them and make sure to rephrase requests in ways that make them feel understood and empowered. Thanks for the link to the article, mommy Emily! It's super helpful <3

I think you have to get them used to not getting everything they want right away, so instead of dropping whatever it is you're doing to answer to their needs whenever they call for you, tell them to wait.

Hi Mommy. I found this article on Asian Parent. https://ph.theasianparent.com/tips-teach-kids-patience/ It says here that you can teach kids patience by practising what you preach.

Related Questions

Trending na Tanong

Related Articles