For those who have daughters, would you allow them to join beauty pageants when they grow up?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If it's adult beauty pageant, I will leave for her to decide and I believe it will be a once in a lifetime experience for her. If the pageant is for kids, I have to let her know that it's really for the fun and experience and do not take it personally if she is not the winner. Also have to let her know that beauty is skin deep not whether she is pretty on the outside.

Read more

Well! I think I would let her join it only if I am being allowed to accompany her else not. I think the age when girls join these paegents, they are at a very vulnerable age and may fall into situations which do not prove to be good for them. So, I would only let her join if there is someone whom I can trust her with.

Read more

Hey, I do not know for sure as my daughter is just 6 now. I do not want to be prejudiced about this, but according to hearsay that girls have to compromise with whole lot of things in this industry and are being exploited as well, I may not want her to join it.

VIP Member

If i have a daughter, and she personally have the the confidence and personality. i would encourage her. It's a different experience to go for a pageant!

As a hobby, maybe I could allow. But to be her primary source of income? I think I'd say no to that.

She must have a decent job first. Because joining beauty contest won't help you pay your bills.

If study is her priority then why not?