Skip check ups

Thinking of skipping checkups. Am 36 gg 37 weeks now and just receive appointment details but only to see doc not scan. Which is probably just a waste of time since I’m not having any kind of problems.. Anyone skip too? Advice? Is it necessary since they not dg scan also. I didnt go during my first pregnancy but not sure if I should take the risk againn

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is important to do the GBS screening test where they’ll swap your vagina for infections. If you’re tested positive, you’ll need antibiotics during labour. If you don’t, it can pass to baby and can be harmful. It can also cause complications to baby as well as fatality. I was GBS positive and had to be administered antibiotics during my labour for my firstborn. Go and read up about GBS positive and how it can affect babies then decide if it is necessary to skip that. After 39 weeks of you haven’t given birth, they’ll do a membrane sweep to loosen the amniotic sac. This will result you to go into labour within next few days.

Read more

I cancelled my appointment too as I was admitted to hospital that time around 34 weeks. Until now I am 38 weeks, the hospital didn't arrange any appointment for me. Personally I feel fine, baby is kicking well. I will just wait for contractions before going hospital for admission and labour.

34 weeks now. Was suppose to go for check up this month when i hit 36 weeks. They want to do vaginal swap for any infections. Im gonna skip that 😂

I just went for them to check heartbeat. Of course it would be good to go but if you want to skip is up to you