Can I start Cornflakes for 1 year old for breakfast ?

Thinking to add other food for my little one besides rolled oats with fruits.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Cornflakes is okay but be mindful of the hidden sugar content. Many brands have super high sugar levels so read the ingredient list carefully. Also, no honey for kids under the age of one. I would avoid even for a 12-month-old and introduce at around the 1.5 year mark. Honey carries the risk of botulism for babies under the age of one.

Read more
VIP Member

different baby differs.... but u can always try to soften the cornflakes more. as in soak abit longer in milk. i did gavr my baby tat for breackfast. those mini fun packs. and she finish it. infact other than corn flakes i do gave her goney stars or koko crunch 😀😀

5y ago

normal fresh milk. like marigold or HL. 1 yr is safe to feed already

VIP Member

I wouldn’t, depends on preference, I would opt for simple pancake or bread or omelette for breakfast. Preferably something homemade than instant breakfast unless once a while, when I don’t have enough time :)

Pancakes will be a nice treat, together with fruits! Or fruits and crushed cornflakes, coupled with some milk at the side will be nice

VIP Member

banana pancake, sometimes i give beancurd, bread, or cheese toast (panfry w butter n add cheese on top), cereal...

5y ago

sometimes i also offer cornflakes too. but in little amount because it cause my boy to have harder poo.

I think it’s fine. Start with a small amount first just to make sure there are no allergies...

VIP Member

i gave mine as it is cos she likes the crunch ^^ if ur baby is fine, can serve with warm milk

Might be not that good due to the sugar content. Look at low sugar alternatives.

VIP Member

I blend the cornflakes with milk and added a bit of honey in it. My LO loves it

yes you can. on other days you can consider egg, pancakes, fruits, milk :)