My son who is one year old refuses to eat any fruit. What other food i can give him that have the same nutritional value as fruits ?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Fruits r an essential food group of a well balanced diet, there is no other food which can be used to substitute fruits completely. Here there r some tips that I follow to make my baby eat fruits.. 1, blend the fruits into fresh fruit juices with pulp 2, blend fruits into ice cream texture or sorbet texture by using a special fruit blender 3, blend fruits with low fat milk & make it into milk shake such as banana milk shake 4, cut fruits into different smaller pieces & mix variety of cut fruits on a plate to serve colourful fruits. U can also cute cutters with different shapes & surely babies love the shapes. 5, cook fruits into dishes such as stewed chicken with pineapple cube, fried pineapple rice. 6, make fruit jelly

Read more

Does baby hate one particular fruit? Which fruits have you been serving baby? I'm sure there must be some fruits that baby will like. Perhaps, you can try a different way of serving the fruit? At his age, baby can eat fruits without having to puree them -- maybe baby does not like purees anymore? Alternatively, you can also include berries and more vegetables in baby's diet.

Read more
VIP Member

so did my girl and son. but i gave then fruit lollies or juice and they love it. another i tried with my 1 yr old. she was introduce avocado at 6mnths and love them till now.

My daughter is same, she not even like any fruits, so i give her all type of veggies,dry fruits. You can give your son veggies and dry fruits,sea food like fish,prawns.

VIP Member

Veggies? Which prob taste worse. But I think once a while menu change is exciting for babies.

Fruits