Is there any criteria we should look at when looking for preschool or kindy? Advice please. Thank you.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I will look at the following pointers when come to choosing school 1. Environment are you comfortable upon stepping into the school compound? 2. Teachers Response I will hang around and request to walk around the school meanwhile i also see how does the teachers interact with the children. I also brought my child along to see how would the teachers or asst interact with my child 3. CCTV check if the school install CCTV and find out where is it located at 4. Safety Measures For my son CC, they install a ventilator which helps to kill bacteria and their activity floor is padded to minimise the impact when they fall. These are the points i looked for when comes to choosing school. i hope it helps you!

Read more

Hi, I will see whether the place is spacious and airy enough. And if possible they have a open area for kids, where they can do something with the mud, and see plants all around. Secondly, how safe is the preschool. There are cameras and enough women staff available to look after the child. I would go for the school which has women staff, especially to help the child to go to washroom etc. And I would take cleanliness and loving attitude of the teacher for granted. As in it should be obviously be there as without these two things how can one function a preschool anyway.

Read more

Hihi. I am a mother of two and more importantly, I would see the following factors: 1) cleanliness- I like the Centre to be clean and hygiene. 2) friendliness- nobody like to be around negative ppl. So I wouldn't like my kid to be with unhappy teachers. See if they are overwork 3) emphasis on children- do they put my child as priority? Meaning do they only care for teachers welfare All in all. Speak to the principal and get a feel of how they treat and talk to u !

Read more
VIP Member

I would look for a place near home or near work. Cause if you got free time here and there you can take your baby out for lunch and then return her back to day care. Also I prefer day care that has the option of half day Saturday - cause sometimes I just need some me time, and those few hours on a Saturday allows me to catch up on my own "fun" like hair salon, mani padi etc. Otherwise I am always either at work or with baby.

Read more