Cramps daily?

Tested negative first 2 weeks of this year. Wasn't expecting much since we did it 5 days before my period about to start. But the period never came and I still got cramps. So yesterday I went to a doctor at polyclinic for the cramps and she made me take another test and now it's positive. I'm kind of worried it might be false or something is wrong. She gave me a referral to Nuh but I think it might take some time before the appointment. Should I wait or go make an appointment myself as private patient at Nuh?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had the same crampy like feeling too before tested positive. I thought probably because my period was coming so have that feeling so didn’t bother about it. But I had breast soreness and feel fatigue at that period of time too. A friend of mine convinced me to take a test and so I did, the positive line was very faint and I took another test with the first morning urine the next day, it was super positive. Subsequently I took another 5 tests again and it turned out all positive. I am 33 weeks pregnant now. Try taking another test again if you’re not convinced. Test it with your first morning urine or hold your pee for 4 hours before testing. So the urine will be more concentrated. But like what the others said, try to wait if you can because you won’t be able to see the fetus and heartbeat until you’re 8th weeks into the pregnancy. But if you need assurance, you can go as private patient. Hope all things are well for you 🙂

Read more

If Polyclinic has confirmed tht you are pregnant. Just wait for your appointment. Going to the gynae too early might make you worry; as early scan might not really show the pole in the sac... and you will likely need to redo the scan... the suspend while waiting is really painful. That was what happened to me... I was worry sick back then... but now I know... So for now... just accept the you are pregnant, if you are still in doubt, just go to another clinic to do the test one more time. Then wait for your appointment at NUH. On your 1st visit, they will already send you for a scan. And hopefully you will see the sac, yolk and pole. Then it will confirm that you are pregnant and baby is safe😁 For Now... be happy, be positive, be careful and take good care. Start taking your folic acid daily. Happy mama, healthy Baby. God bless you and baby.

Read more

I had the same issue when i conceive. My period was supposed to come on the 20 December but it didn't came. I did it before and after period time. I had major cramps for weeks in mid dec till early jan like period cramps and feel like there's a pulling feeling in my uterus i thought my period coming but it never came. After the cramp a few weeks later i feel super duper tired. I've slept almost every afternoon for about 2 to 3 hrs. And then nausea came. I didn't know i was pregnant until i was 7 weeks pregnant. If you still unconvinced that you're pregnant then you could check again on your home pregnancy test but since it's confirmed by poly the results should be accurate.

Read more

Polyclinic usually their test is all accurate..cause I’ve tried to test the pregnancy kit shows negative twice and went to Polyclinic it shows Positive..for my second and third child the same experience.. if u don’t mind paying a little more as a private patient, u can go to NUH..if not u make an appointment and wait..if u really unsure, u can go any private doc and check again the pregnancy test ☺️ I hope u will get good news and don’t worry too much...

Read more

I just took the test yesterday because I had almost daily (period like cramps) for the past 1.5 weeks. I kept thinking what a weird time to get cramps. I'm in the same boat. too early to go gynae. go already spend few hundred to be sent home with supplements. confuse.

3y ago

Thanks for your answer. Feel more reassured to know I'm not the only one having cramps daily. Guess I'll wait for the appointment then.

Wait. Even if you go now you won't be able to see anything on the ultrasound and it'll only add on to your worry. Menses like cramps are pretty common in the early stages of pregnancy provided it does not feel way too painful and/or accompanied with bleeding (clots or without).

3y ago

Thanks for the answer. I'll wait then :)

Even if you email nuh to get an appointment as a private patient, they will ask you some questions regarding your last period and give you a date when you are around 10weeks. So I think time line wise to it's almost the same waiting period before you get to see a doc.