Which of these are worth it?

Taking a maid (helper)for newborn? Sending to infants care? Sending to nanny?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Tht were our options bfore i returned to work. Unless you hire a maid who has prior experience caring for infant and someone trustable otherwise i wouldnt leave my infant under th care of a maid alone. Even with cctvs it just doesnt work tht way. If we as parents sometimes get frustrated with all th crying and tiredness imagine a third party. As for nanny, my hubsband does not trust them 😅 he says they had too many logics of their own. So we opt for infant care and we were lucky to get one very near where we used to stay! My son has been there since 2.5 mths old, we can see he is developing really well and faster than babies of his age. Th caregivers there treats him well, and loves him a lot (imo). However, dont expect 100% attention for your child, there'll always be days where he doesnt nap well (generally they dont), missed his feeding (so far once when he was younger) or gets sick often (once a month?). HFMD is another concern but as long as you're extra cautious, babies do not generally get it easily. So by far infant care we felt is th best option for us.

Read more
VIP Member

Helper ‘- she can help you dedicatedly for baby ‘- she can help you with other household work ‘- can help you manage baby in day time and mornings while you can catch up on sleep ‘- less expensive than infant care and nannies ‘- lesser chances of baby getting sick ( which will be quite often in infant care)

Read more
VIP Member

IFC, especially when they are certified to care for a newborn. And other than that, it helps your baby build up his/her immunity, and gain social skills, especially if you don’t have older children / cousins for your baby to learn how to interact with their peers

TapFluencer

Infant care is more realiable and they can learn as well I don't feel comfortable to left baby with nanny or helper, unless there's extra pair of eyes help you to watch them when you are away

VIP Member

I prefer helper. Can avoid child getting illness from other children, helper can do some hsework. Well, depend which one u more comfortable.

Super Mum

If you can afford.. Hire a maid and send baby to infant care. Unless you trust your maid, then only you can let her take care of your newborn

I would prefer a helper but the helper should be reliable enough. So need to check a lot before finalising

VIP Member

Helper is handy .. u can fix a web cam to observe ur helpers activity n ur babies as well

Infant care. At least you can rest assure they dont anyhow feed your baby rubbish.

Infant care - if you able to stick to their timing.