16 Replies

Do confirm with your doctor first, before flying. Travel isn’t recommended for those with high-risk pregnancy conditions like hypertension, sickle-cell disease, heart disease, history of premature labour and placental abnormalities such as placenta previa, etc. If you travel, try to book an aisle seat for faster access to the toilets. Also, if you have nausea and vomiting now, ask your doctor about safe anti-nausea medication to take with you, just in case. Don't drink or eat gassy stuff like fizzy drinks before or during your flight.

As long as you have no health complications and your pregnancy has been progressing smoothly, it should be ok to travel at 11 weeks. Always check with your doctor before flying during pregnancy to confirm if it’s safe for you. Long-distance travel (longer than 4 hours) carries a small risk of blood clots (deep vein thrombosis (DVT)). If you fly, drink plenty of water and move about regularly – every 30 minutes or so. Wearing compression or support stockings can help reduce leg swelling.

VIP Member

The change in pressure could be harmful to the baby sometimes. I know of people who had miscarriages even at 3-4 months due to flight travel. But yes each pregnancy is different. Best is to get approval from your gynec.

Recommended to travel after 12 weeks but I travelled to Korea when I was about 11.5 weeks pregnant and my gynae approved. Please seek your gynae’s approval and ask for a medical certificate that states your pregnancy just in case.

Thank you

I went to 2 countries and took 3 flights around the same time, all within 4 hours. Btw no travel insurance would cover pregnancy related events under 12 weeks

Super Mum

Get clearance from ur gynae. It will put ur mind at ease than what we says. Everyone is different

It’s generally safe to fly until 36 weeks pregnancy. Best consult your obstetrician for any questions.

I think you should get advice from your gynae because they know everything about your pregnancy history.

please check with your doctor and took her advice.My gynecologist recommend to travel on 7th -8th month

I think it's ok. But pls check with your gynae just to be sure.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles