Are swell water bottles worth the hype/$?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My partner received one last Christmas and he used it once before leaving it to collect dust at the back of the pantry haha. He said he wasn't really impressed by it and he was fine using his normal plastic sports bottle. He mentioned that it is a wee bit heavy, especially when filled. All style but not much substance. All in all he is glad that it was a gift especially after knowing how much the bottle retails for.

Read more

Swell is one of the brand that makes vacuum insulated stainless steel bottle that contains hot or cold water for long hours. They have pretty designs. However there are also brands like Earth Co and BBBYO that makes the same intention bottles, very similar shape and sizes, at also similar price range. Just that buying from Singsale, the price is about 9$ onwards.

Read more
8y ago

Personally uses it to put hot water for lo's formula but feel that it doesn't stay hot long enough. Probably stays warm for 5hrs when I put boiling water in.

From the reviews that I've came across, most seemed to suggest that the bottles only worked for a while before starting to fail. It certainly looks nice though! Unfortunately, no one around me is using one. Hence, can't verify if the reviews I've read are true.

Think its awesome - looks stylish, great product. keeps my water cool. and best of all female founder from hbs who still owns 100% of her company. I say yes, all the way!

I have one but sitting in the cupboard. It's stylish and comes with nice designs but the bottle itself without water is already very bulky.

Maybe try Kleen Kanteen? Or if you prefer glass, life factory