Do you still have "date nights" even if you have kids already?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Oh yes! Date nights are very important. We need to be bonded first before anything else. Self care is very important too. Then will we be able to provide more for our kids. It is as important as our kids too. Based on my experience, here in Singapore many couples do not have the time nor is able to prioritise couple/date time. We should encourage that more. Back to basics, how things were even before the kids came along. With the right set of mentality, everything else will fall in place. Strongly encourage! My two cents. Take care and have a blessed date.

Magbasa pa

Yes. It doesn't necessarily mean that we'll go out and eat in a fancy restaurant all the time. Sometimes we just stay at home and have 3-in-1 coffee. What's important is we spend time together to talk about "us".

We don't get to have date nights because he's living far away from us but I would really ensure to have one every once in a while. It helps if you have an alone time with your spouse.

When you have kids, date nights should be a priority and not taken for granted. This may be the only alone time you and hubby can have so its a must on a weekly basis.

Since we had a baby, she is always with us on our "dates" because we don't have a helper. And there are times that we just have our dates at home like movie marathon etc.

We try to have time to ourselves once in awhile, but its really difficult to leave the baby home with a sitter because he's fussy without me.

I think it should even be more important to have date nights once a couple has kids. It keeps things fresh and the passion alive.

Of course, we call it Saturdates :)