Circumcision

Hi my son is going for circumcision next week. I'm feeling nervous, especially because we can't accompany him. Any tips for ftm? appreciate insights on the duration of recovery. Thanks in advance

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I can understand that you might be feeling nervous about your son going for circumcision next week, especially since you can't accompany him. It's natural to feel that way, but rest assured that circumcision is a common procedure that is done safely. Here are some tips for first-time moms (ftm) when your son is going for circumcision: 1. Talk to the healthcare provider performing the procedure to understand the process and any pre-operative instructions. 2. Comfort your son before the procedure, reassure him that everything will be okay, and explain the importance of following post-operative care instructions. 3. Make sure you have all the necessary supplies ready at home for aftercare, such as gauze pads, petroleum jelly, and pain relief medication prescribed by the doctor. 4. Monitor the incision site for any signs of infection or complications and contact the healthcare provider if you have any concerns. 5. Be patient during the recovery process as it can take about 7 to 10 days for the incision to fully heal. During this time, your son may experience some discomfort, swelling, and sensitivity in the area. It's important to follow the healthcare provider's instructions for post-operative care diligently to ensure proper healing and reduce the risk of complications. Remember that every child heals differently, so it's essential to observe your son's progress closely. If you have any specific concerns or questions during the recovery period, don't hesitate to reach out to the healthcare provider for guidance and support. Wishing your son a smooth and speedy recovery. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

My boy just went for his last Friday! Yes we weren't allowed in, it was heart breaking to hear him scream and cry in the room. I was still calm, but my mil was ready to barge into the room 😂 so first advice is to not bring any grandparents along 😂😂 On the day he had his circumcision, every pee hurt :( the cries were so painful, you can tell the difference between the cries for milk and these cries. It's sudden and he will cry until face red. Will take a while to soothe. He was also very cranky and fussy. Prepare to give him more cuddles and attention on that day. We also gave him dhamol doc prescribed for him and that seemed to help with the pain a bit. Gave him during the first two days only. The next day he was so much better. Peeing didn't hurt anymore! The ring was still there. Bathe as per normal. We drowned his part in warm water a bit longer so that it helps soothe him a bit. Second day he's still fussy, but lesser. Maybe manja. Hahaha Third day onwards like nothing. All back to normal! It's his sixth day today, ring still on his penis but it's showing slight dislodgment. Hopefully it'll be out by tmr. Don't forget to always change his diaper often esp when there's poop cos don't want to risk infection. We prepared spray to spray his lil wee wee during diaper change to remove the urine from inside the ring. Use the ointment as prescribed by the doc. All the best baby and momma!!

Read more
2mo ago

Aww! I was so affected by his cries too I couldn't sleep well at night 😢 yes yes continue to bathe as per normal. During bath time I let him sit in the water water for a while. I trickle water on his wee to test his pain level first. The nurses recommended me to wash with water every diaper change so that the urine gets cleaned off the ring.

I remember it was quite fast and recovery around 5days to a week! They will inject anaesthesia and cut some piece of the skin then theyll put a “ring” on it. Need to apply antibiotic cream on it every few hours and need to change diaper every few hrs to avoid infection. The ring will come off by its own within 5 days - 1 week or so. Then continue applying antibiotic cream around the area of raw skin. But depends what clinic you go to so diff instruction. Baby actually like dont react much to it. He was only cranky the first 2 days or so. And also to feed panadol every few hours.

Read more
2mo ago

hi may I check did you bathe baby the next day post circumcision? did he tolerate it well?

TapFluencer

wishing your LO smooth and speedy recovery

💕

💕

💕

💕

💕

💕

2mo ago

genuinely curious...why do you always put ❤️ in the comments section but never say anything