My son is going 4 months and I am going back to work on Monday. When I start work, I will be leaving my son with my mum at her place. Thus, these few days I have been bringing him there hoping to get him to be use to the place. He is not unfamiliar with the place cos occasionally we will go there for dinner and anyone in the family can carry him. My mum has been seeing him frequently ever since he is born. However, these few days when he is there, he seems to know that I am going to leave him thus he will cry and cry, refused to be carried by anyone except me. When my mum is carrying him, he will cry looking for me. Once he sees me, he will stop crying. It breaks my heart to see him crying so badly. Anything I can do to make him settle down better at my mum's place?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think your clean home clothes will help. Put one with him as blankie. My son as well. At night he will only want me to carry him to sleep although my helper feed her day time. I train bb with bolster as well. So he will have something with him as comfort