My son is 17 month old, he still refuses to address me as a mom, he ask me to go away. Heartache indeed:(

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Is there anything that happened recently that make him this way? Of course it could also be just a phrase that he prefer the daddy or the other caregiver as they spent more time with him. But you have to understand the bond between a Mother and child can never be replaced. So just try to communicate with him, bond with him. He's only 17 months, you still have a long way to go! Continue to try and love him. If everything don't works than try to seek professional help like counselling~

Read more

hugz mummy Geralynn :) can totally understand how you feel. My no 1 always call for me but for my no 2, we have a helper and lesser interaction with me. Therefore whenever my no 2 needs something, she will call my helper instead of me. Therefore I decided not to hire any helper when she is 2 years old. I am so glad as we have more bonding than before. Jia you mummy, just don't give up and he can feel your love for him:)

Read more

I can feel you. My younger son used to be closer to my mom. Whenever he's scare, the first person he turns to/ calls for will be my mom. I tried spending more quality time with him after work. Glad that he will call for me now. You might wana try spending more quality time with your LO. The bond between Mother and child is by nature the strongest connections !

Read more

i think its a phase and he might not be ready to call you. i am so close to my son yet he dont call me 1st. dont worry, once he call you mum, well it will be non stop calling next time and you will find him annoying again. hee... its quite funny when we cant wait for them to call us but once they call us, we wish them to be quiet. quite contradicting.

Read more
TapFluencer

Hugz.. It's a phrase.. My boy is 27months, always say "don't want mummy" when he is unhappy or angry. They are still young don't really know how to express themselves. Don't take it to heart. After all, they will still stick to you like Super glue.

spend more time with him, play with him maybe his daddy always play with him and normally we as mother do the rest like nagging cleaning so maybe thats why ur son prefers others?

mummy, sometimes it is a phrase. Show him your love, he can sense it and he will gradually move away from this stage.

Kids relate better with people whom they have fun/ play with. Be patient. Kiss often and say "I love you".

Be patience. Start trying to play with him and slowly get him to call you mummy.

VIP Member

Are you the caregiver? Do you play or bond with him?