Weight Gain in Trimester 1

I'm 1.63m, originally 45kg. I'm in my 8weeks 6days today, and I gained almost 4kg 😭 Is this too fast? I am so worried I may balloon up too much & too fast.. 😵‍💫

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am 1.58m, 43KG prepregnancy. Gained 17KG (40weeks). My tummy was small thou. Took 5 months to go back to 45KG but I don’t exercise so ya 😂 I read Google it says that the lower the BMI the more the weight gain compared to those with normal or overweight BMI. Not sure if it’s true anot tho. But just eat what you want, just go easy on the sugars (prevent GD).

Read more
2y ago

not true. I am 1.62m, 46.8kg prepregnancy. lost weight and was at 44kg at 1st trimester due to MS (underweight). total gain 7.1kg during pregnancy.

im also 45kg, 1.63 pre-pregnancy. Now at wk 21, weight have increased to 52kg. Gynae says its ok but u can use the weight gain tracker for pregnancy.

to me everyone is different personally. but its great your appetite is good right. just check with your dctor if you are really worried.

don't worry about the weight gain until doctor tell you to look out for it.. just eat and drink as normal first.. chill

I also in first trimester, gain 2kgs 10weeks running. It's depends person to person. Be healthy and happy 🙂..