Is it normal to feel depressed or overwhelmed when nearing to your Edd?

Hi mummies, lately I have been feeling very restless. Like I just want to laze all day. I’m currently at my 29 weeks and I feel super lazy to go to work. The thoughts of going to work scares me. As I’m working an environment in f&b industry, i am constantly walking and it tired me out. But also, if I skipped work, I feel super emotional that I’m not doing my best for my little one, and the feeling gets overwhelmed. Can I stop having this feeling? Even my hubby can’t console me well. :(

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You r not alone mummy. FTM here and on my 35 week. Even though I’m WFH, work keeps piling up because my boss knows I’m going away soon and wants me to clear as much as possible. I feel so exhausted everyday and emotional too. Give urself a break when needed. I tried to manage it by shutting down at latest 7pm. Like other mummies advised, put urself n baby first.

Read more
2y ago

Hello mummy, thank you for your well concern. I hope you give yourself a break too. Thank you for your advise. I love how you shut yourself at a certain timing to give yourself a proper rest and being mindful towards your baby. WFH is definitely not easy task as well. Knowing you have to sit all day, it’s super dreadful and exhausting, Jia you mummy! Wish you have a smooth delivery towards the end!