Feeling emotional nearing edd

Im a ftm, my edd is approx next week. I cant help but to feel very emotional these few days. As much as I can’t wait to meet the little human that has been kicking my ribs, I definitely am going to miss myself, my me time, my personal time with husband, us doing whatever we want without worrying about anything and just going out of the house whenever i want. I feel like after birth im going to lose myself or even fall into depression due to being very overwhelmed etc. Any mummies feeling the same ☹️ #FTM

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am 3 weeks postpartum. I had the same feelings as you and let me tell you, you are not wrong. Once baby comes, everything you do will be centered around the baby. If you intend to breastfeed, you will have to pump every 3-4 hours which means even your sleep is sacrificed. You will never feel so sleep deprived your entire life. This is when hubby has to step up and support and help with night feeds. If you plan to hire a confinement nanny, your life will be much easier. I have a confinement nanny so I would say she takes care of the baby’s needs 80% of the time while we slowly start learning how to feed, bathe, change diapers etc. and transit smoothly into taking care of baby. You WILL miss your personal time and you will be perpetually tired and sleepy. BUT Once your baby arrives and you see his/ her little face, everything will be worth it. Trust me on this. The lack of sleep, the consistent pumping of milk (until you get so sick of it), the pains from your postpartum recovery it will all be worth it. Sometimes I see my baby and I get emotional thinking about the day I gave birth to him. Never once have I felt robbed/ sad or even feel like I’m sacrificing my personal time for my baby. You will feel overwhelmed but your maternal instincts will take over. :) I wish you a smooth delivery.

Read more

I’m almost a month PP and the feeling of overwhelm is intense for me. As I did not have a confinement nanny, there were many things I did not know how and what to do. I relied a lot on this forum and read through what other mummies went through, really helped a lot. The pumping was also a pain as I’ve to wake up every 3 hours to pump and I really felt like giving up. It’s really important to have family members giving their moral support and lend a helping hand. And lastly, my life revolves around my baby now, husband and I seldom communicate anymore as every topic will be about the baby which is quite sad some times. But I’m still coping and overcoming it, it gets better as the days past.

Read more

Dont worry, i guess this is just parts and parcels of life. Even after 2 kids, going to be 3 soon… i still miss myself, my me time and my husband🥲 we dont go on dates anymore and have 0 help. Me n my husband are the only ones caring for our children. Post partum recovery is by far the worst (especially first time) experience. But we will all get thru it eventually. Just always remember to rest as much as u can and try to think of happy thoughts. It can be overwhelming but it’s not going to last forever. As long as husband n wife support each other, its gonna be okay. Enjoy your new journey in parenthood😊

Read more

I’m postnatal almost 3 weeks. Still trying to learn and know better this little one. Definitely going to be tough esp we dun have any confinement nanny and parents not helping much neither. It’s ok to cry it out, dun worry. Dun bottled up urself l, most importantly! I’m thankful I have a supportive husband, we really cry tgt but also support each other thru this journey. After settling our girl to sleep, we managed to have a little time for ourselves. I guess this is the mini “partor” time for us. It’s a new role of life we going thru but u can do this. Have faith.

Read more

Yes me too. The other day i cried to my husband as i was feeling time passed too quickly, i needed more alone time with him and for myself which would be sacrificed soon. Our marriage was already rushed and we had to cancel our honeymoon at the last minute due to family matters. I have not had the chance to travel with him before. Many things would be so different from now.. I can totally relate to you. I hope we can get through this difficult time. All the best to you and your little baby.

Read more

I wouldnt lie that during my first baby, i had little milk production and was super stressed. Just like how the others describe it, perpetually tired. I could doze off any where (even in car which i dont usually will). On the personal time i dont really feel like i lost it alot coz actually, hb take care n i go out chill. 🤣 Gonna have my 2nd one in 2 mths time and i wonder how i am going to cope. We have no confinement lady from first one n not gonna have tis rd too.

Read more

Tell me about it. I’m 5 mths pp and I’m still feeling what you’re feeling. My mantra is, I’m a new me, and I shall have a new lifestyle. Slowly and surely, I will regain myself, maybe not exactly the same one as before, but it’s going to be a better one :) Take plenty of rest and deep breathing, take care!

Read more

I'm one week behind you on EDD and feel exactly the same! Unknowingly getting quite clingy to my husband as well.. You're not alone, we can do this! ❤️

VIP Member

i felt the same as well but it all quickly went away after baby came out. all the best X