Is it normal to feel depressed or overwhelmed when nearing to your Edd?

Hi mummies, lately I have been feeling very restless. Like I just want to laze all day. I’m currently at my 29 weeks and I feel super lazy to go to work. The thoughts of going to work scares me. As I’m working an environment in f&b industry, i am constantly walking and it tired me out. But also, if I skipped work, I feel super emotional that I’m not doing my best for my little one, and the feeling gets overwhelmed. Can I stop having this feeling? Even my hubby can’t console me well. :(

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

exact same feelings i had but my advise is to just focus on yourself and your baby. its our main priority. dont think that you are not doing enough for you little one. im sure he or she is proud enough of how strong his or her mummy is. hang it there soon it will be over :)

2y ago

Thank you mummy for the concern and the reminder, there are times we are swamped with work. We tend to forget our main priority. Thank you for making me feel like I’m worth, there are times I can be quite negative maybe it’s just a pregnancy hormones or perhaps this is my first child, I tend to get nervous and make sure everything goes smoothly. Trying hard not to be hard on myself. Thank you for making me feel better once again, you too hang it there dear!