Is it normal to feel depressed or overwhelmed when nearing to your Edd?

Hi mummies, lately I have been feeling very restless. Like I just want to laze all day. I’m currently at my 29 weeks and I feel super lazy to go to work. The thoughts of going to work scares me. As I’m working an environment in f&b industry, i am constantly walking and it tired me out. But also, if I skipped work, I feel super emotional that I’m not doing my best for my little one, and the feeling gets overwhelmed. Can I stop having this feeling? Even my hubby can’t console me well. :(

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There is a lot going on and we are not robots, I've taken a few cheat days where I don't chiong as hard at work and just cruise for the day. Is your work supportive of your pregnancy? If you tell your manager your current routine tires you out would you be able to switch out tasks, or temporarily change to a half-day arrangement? Maybe you can make take a small "vacation" to switch your mindset Eg explore a new part of Singapore on your next off day, or wake up earlier to pamper yourself with a good breakfast before work to perk yourself up. Hang in there! Just a few more weeks to go!

Read more
2y ago

Thank you for the advise and concern. My current job is a family business and current lack of manpower. There are times whereby my legs get super swollen and I have sciatica. I will just sit at the counter and handle the customer’s payment. But know we lack of manpower. I will go extra miles and help out, doing serving walking here and there. So it’s more on being selfless but end of the day, I will regret as my whole body will tend to ache a lot while I lie down or in a sleeping position hence I don’t get good rest as well. I will try to focus on my little one and myself and put the baby as my 1st priority. Thank you dear!