Bottle teats

Hi all, May I ask which teats do you think I should get for my newborn? Should I get 1m+ and 3m+? She’s coming in mid-Oct. Really need some advices regarding bottle teats. I would want to give her sufficient BM (latch or expressed). So not sure if these are the right teats? I bought Dr Brown’s anti-colic bottles as well as I’m afraid she might have colic.

Bottle teats
14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

avent natural’s flow is pretty fast, i got 0m for my lo she used till she was 3-4months then changed to 0m+, now she is 8months old still using 0m+ no issues. Technically u don’t have to upsize especially if feeding bm as its quite thin, n mum nipple milk flow doesn’t change as baby ages so u can just stick to 1 size unless baby shows discomfort

Read more
VIP Member

Teat ia not like clothes, too fast can make baby choke also, for newborn better start with lowest flow teat, anyway the teat comes with bottle, smaller bottle will have smaller size of teat, no need to change it

Super Mum

For NB, use 0m+, but if you’re not going to bottle feed all the time, then don’t buy so many. Because you’ll need to change it soon at 1m+ and later on at 3m

Actually u should get the 0month first... die. The road when u notice baby tend to slower down his feeding time then means u have to up 1 number to 0month+

VIP Member

1mth+ would be just right for your baby cause the flow of the milk from the teat is neutral, not too fast nor slow for babies below 3mths (:

TapFluencer

actually you should get the closest to nipple teats bottle to prevent confusion if you wanna breastfeed

VIP Member

I believe they have 0-3 months or newborn

VIP Member

0m for newborn. too big baby will choke.

0m is good for newborns

1m+ is sufficient.