Baby 100th day celebration

Hello mummies! Was just researching about celebrating baby 100th day and was wondering if y’all chose to celebrate 1 month OR 100th days? My nanny said we can do both.. so during 1 month we will do the traditional ritual (pray and shave head etc) then 100th day will be the real party with friends and family. 1) Where did you all do it at and how was the experience? 2) Any catering / deco service to intro as well? 3) We are thinking of doing the 100th day celebration at a chalet 3D2N.. but thinking of baby sleeping out for 2N at a chalet makes me anxious.. seems like a lot of things to prepare. Any similar experience or advice please? TIA! :)

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

For my first child, we did a 1 mth celebration at my HDB flat. Super cramped. Lol. We used the space outside for the buffet table, and packed in as many chairs as possible. But it was cosy, cheaper and baby got to sleep in her cot when she needed, plus I also could go into my room to breastfeed. Catering wise, we got a regular catering service. Someone I know is a pro dessert/cake chef, so she did the dessert spread for us:) Chalet sounds exciting but also potentially stressful. There aren’t a lot of baby friendly facilities, and not all babies can handle 3D2N there. You might be quite tired also. I guess some hotels at least have baby cribs + bath tub, which makes things a bit easier. Comparing 1 month and 100 days, at 1 month, baby’s awake interval is only about 45-60minutes, so baby is likely to either be sleeping or feeding or cranky (overtired). At 100 days, baby can stay awake longer, also smiles and interacts more, so if that’s important to you, you may want to choose the latter. For my 2nd child, my husband straight up told me we’re not doing either, and instead, we’ll do a 1 yr birthday celebration instead 😂 Clearly he’s still a bit traumatised from a few years ago.

Read more
4y ago

Hahaha! Thanks for sharing!! Yes, doing it at home seems like the ideal choice but the only downside is the space 😂 oh well! Hubs seems to be really into the chalet thing so hopefully everything goes well. 🤞🏽 I agree w your comparison!!

I did 1 month for immediate relatives and 100th days for friends. The one month party was at pan pacific while 100th day was at prive. We stayed at pan pac for 1 night, just bring enough clothes for the baby, and milk! Relatively easy

4y ago

Thank you for the reply! Did you rent a function room or booked a room/suite for the celebration? We were initially thinking of booking a hotel instead of chalet but space wise it’s not feasible I Guess...

We did 100 days at home and shaved after 100 days at BabySpa :) Stamford catering was good, the guests who came ate heartily. We DIY our dessert table and deco - items from Lazada and taobao :)

We did 100 days , buffet at hotel

VIP Member

I did 1 month 💕

Super Mum

Don’t do

4y ago

Lol okay to each its own :)