Cny Visiting at my In-law and Relatives

Single Mummy going through DIVORCE. I have one child who lives with me. My rasacal husband has not visited my child and myself for almost 1.5 years. My MIL has invited me and my child for reunion CNY dinner and to go visiting. Dont tell me Mummy out there feel happy or awakard?? Please guide me: 1) Must i need to give Hong Pao/oranges to both FIL and MIL?? 2) Elder relative invite, must i need to give mandarin oranges?? 3) Do i need to bring some kuih or bak wah?? 4) my ex husband so called never even go cny last year. Fucker hving fun with mistress. 5) must i still need to give hong pao??

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

You’re a single mummy. I don’t think you need to give ang pows to anyone unless you want to and have the means to. As for visiting your in laws and visiting that side of the relatives, it depends on your relationship with them. If they’ve always been nice to you but this relationship got messed up because of your ex-husband, then would be good to at least bring mandarin oranges when you visit them. I personally would only visit them and not the relatives, but that’s up to you I guess. If I did visit relatives, I would also give oranges to elders as a form of respect. If your in laws and you have never been close, then politely decline? At this point, you need to live for yourself and your child. So do what would make both of you happy. Proud of you for being so strong. Hugs ❤️

Read more