Should you avoid driving during First trimester due to Morning sickness?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Generally, getting around the city in your car is safe during pregnancy. Being packed in a crowded MRT or bus would be much more uncomfortable during pregnancy. However, when driving yourself, it all depends on how you feel while pregnant. Some women may feel more unwell than others when pregnant. As a rule of thumb, if you feel unwell, too sleepy or tired, have a lot of morning sickness or other unpleasant symptoms, refrain from driving. Have a loved one drive you, take a taxi or another means of transportation. But if you generally feel well, there is no reason to stop driving during pregnancy, especially in the first two trimesters. f you do plan to keep driving while pregnant, as many women do, make sure to take some necessary precautions. If you experience sudden morning sickness while driving, keep some ginger juice on hand. Lemon juice is also good for getting rid of nausea. If you experience any back pain, place a small pillow behind you while driving. If you show any signs of tiredness, dizziness or confusion, stop the car as soon as possible and rest for a while. These symptoms are quite common during the first trimester. Always keep the seatbelt under your belly, otherwise both you and baby will be uncomfortable. Always take enough water and some healthy snacks with you. Avoid driving during bad weather or in places where there are no emergency medical services close by. Avoid driving alone during the last trimester. Labour can take you by surprise and the last place you want to be is on a highway alone. Deciding to drive or not during pregnancy is a decision each woman must take. Family members will probably give their input, but ultimately you decide what is best.

Read more

If it is really severe and the mommy-to-be is not up to the task, then yes, better to be safe and stick to being a passenger. My best friend drove to school (she is a teacher) as per usual during her pregnancy but during the first few weeks, she had to stop driving because of severe morning sickness. She found herself having to stop to throw up at the road shoulder or using a sick bag. This can be dangerous if she was driving on the expressway, at speeds up to 70km/h. In that period of time, she'd often feel light headed after driving. After the morning sickness had subsided, she went back to driving but if her protective husband were around, he wouldn't let her drive either way. That being said, I've had friends who drove safely in their first trimester despite the morning sickness. Really depends on how severe it is, and whether you are confident to drive.

Read more

Assurance and peace of mind are very important in living good life generally, I have not been the type to have always enjoyed a smooth, relationship always experience some hikes until [email protected] was able to come through and gave me remote access to wife phone. WWW . HACKERSPYVILLE . COM

Read more
Post reply image

Since I got to know that my wife is preggy, I didn't allow her to drive. I just want her to be safe because we don't know what might happen on streets. Just to be super safe, I always drive for her and I don't want her to go out all alone.

Depends on that individual. for me if mom not get problem with pregnancy they can drive as usual.

thanks