Should i wake my three month old baby up for feeds? He is starting to go 4-5hrs btwn feeds (mixed breast milk n formula milk). He used to feed 2-3hrly.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

3 months is when baby is adjusting sleep patterns. If Baby is gaining weight well and doesn't seem to need the feed, it should be fine to let baby sleep. However, if baby is losing weight or weight gain is stagnating, you may want to consider waking baby up to feed more often.

My daughter is the same! I do wake her up and give her 4oz bottle of formula around midnight i usually have her in bed at 7pm. Then when she gets up at 6am i breast feed her.

Mine is almost 2 months and the longest she can sleep is also 5 hours 😅 then she’s up and drink only 50-70 So Don’t worry I think your baby is perfectly fine

VIP Member

Depends if you subscribe to a strict feed/sleep schedule for your baby. I usually let the baby sleep through bcos he gets cranky when you wake him up

Please do not wake a baby up for feeds unless you don't mind having a cranky baby throughout the day.

VIP Member

It's ok! He is adjusting his sleep timing. If he is sleeping, do not need to wake him up for feeds.

VIP Member

I think as long as ur baby is drinking well, dont have to worry if they sleep longer.

VIP Member

Hi... I suggest that you let your LO sleep as he will wake up if he’s hungry

He is sleeping means he isn't hungry, they will wake up when they are hungry.

I feel if bb hungry will auto wake up for milk So let them sleep