Ultrasound

Hi! Should I go for an ultrasound at week 6? Or is it too late/early?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Depends! I thought I was already 7weeks based on my last menstrual period count but when I went for my first KKH appt, I was only 5w 4d and they even used a pelvis scan. We could even see the heartbeat! Although it was so so tiny. You can barely see anything on your ultrasound piece that you can bring home. But you’ll be asked to come back again after that. So I suggest you can wait for 8 or 10 weeks so can save a bit. Cause my next appt is when I’ll be 10 weeks and that’s when they said I’ll have to do the down sysndrome test, blood tests, etc so it’s gonna be a loooooong day and will definitely cost more.

Read more
VIP Member

I did go at 6W. However, since it was too early, Gynae used the vaginal tool to scan. You can wait for 8W then you can also hear the heartbeat. 🥰

It’s abit early. I went at week 7, but I see nothing. But doctor will start to give you folic acid to consume.

Week 6 is just right as you should be able to see if baby is in womb and hear it’s heartbeat.

Week 6 is just right as can see fetus and it’s hear heartbeat already if you’re lucky.

I went for mine at week 12 gestational! But I was actually 9 weeks ☺️

4y ago

Thank you :)

Super Mum

8 weeks is better:) you can see the heartbeat clearly:)

TapFluencer

Depend on yourself. My first scan was 6 weeks.

VIP Member

depends on you. i go when its 12 weeks alr

VIP Member

Probably too early to detect a fetal pole