NIPT or Oscar?

Should i go for NIPT or Oscar? NIPT is S$1200 and Oscar is S$400? I am 33 this year. What do you girls think?

30 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm 29 and did NIPT for about 1k. Didn't want to take any chance of ambiguous OSCAR results and having to pay again. Plus can know gender of bb

My hub and i were deciding between OSCAR or Panorama. In the end, we went for OSCAR. Glad that the result was normal, no risk. I’m 34 :)

I’m same age as u. I did NIPT. But the gynae ask me to do first trimester screening (FTS) which is the NT scan, and so I did both

Am 35. Gynae didn’t advice but told me to think about it. I’m inclined for NIPT but it’s quite ex. Still considering.

I am almost same age as you. Did Oscar only. Risk level was extremely low so didn't do any further testing

Is better to consult ur gynae and he will be the best person who know ur healthy history and conditions...

Depends on your gynae, I think. If your gynae says Oscar is enough, why not save the money?

If possible, both. If Budget is a constraint, then go for NIPT, it’s more accurate.

VIP Member

for a piece of mind, nipt. I chose the igene for both my babies when I was 28/30 :)

I'm 25 this year and went for NIPT. Totally no regret though it was quite pricey.